Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kickboxing


So Baby is 21 weeks in utero yesterday. I've been waiting for several weeks to feel Baby move- and be certain it isn't just my egg burrito from breakfast. At the ultrasound, my suspicions were confirmed: Baby and I have an "anterior" placenta, which is why I haven't been able to feel much movement into the 20th week. But yesterday, during staff meeting, we were blessing a staff member who is leaving us due to a new marriage. And there, in the middle of laying hands on her, baby was jabbing on one side, then roundhousing on the other. I think Baby was trying to reach out and touch her just like the rest of us were doing. Then this morning, when Daddy's alarm went off, Baby kept kicking and kicking one side of my abdomen- so much so that Daddy could even feel it! They said that would happen around 24 weeks... what can we say, early acheiver? Oh no, the eldest child perfectionism is already setting in!

No comments:

Post a Comment